In this season of thankfulness, I thought it would be appropriate to share some things for which I am thankful…
1. I’m thankful for our great community. Wonderful schools, shops, restaurants, and a community spirit that is second to none. What a blessing!
2. I’m thankful for our parsonage. You have blessed your senior pastor with the nicest parsonage in the Mississippi Conference. Thank you!
3. I’m thankful for how our congregation has responded to our fall stewardship campaign. We have over $660,000.00 pledged for 2017 compared to last year’s $495,000.00. Again, thank you!
4. I’m thankful that all three Sunday morning worship services have had strong attendance these past several months. Again, thank you!
5. I’m thankful for all the strong lay leaders and dedicated staff I have the privilege to work with. Again, thank you!
6. I’m thankful for how you have warmly embraced and loved your new pastor and pastoral family. You have made us feel perfectly at home. From the depths of my heart, thank you!
Now, for what and whom are you thankful?
Remember that gratitude that’s not expressed doesn’t do anyone much good. Make sure you tell them!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Know that I am excited to experience my first Advent and Christmas season with you.