Go ahead and look on the back of the newsletter. Examine where we are financially after the first quarter of this year…
Wow! When is the last time we were ahead of our budget in March?
Let me say a word of thanks. You know that being faithful in your finances is part of being a disciple of Jesus Christ, and I want you to know just how much I appreciate you. There is not a church in Mississippi that wouldn’t like to trade places with us. Because of your faithfulness our church is strong, vibrant, and growing.
As a community of faith, we have so many things for which to be thankful:
- While we will miss Bro. Greg’s leadership as he departs for a new appointment, we will receive Thomas Toole as our new youth minister. Thomas comes to us with a wealth of gifts that will be so valuable to our church.
- We’ve already taken in 13 new members this year, with a large confirmation class to be received into membership in April.
- Our worship attendance has been strong and growing.
- Our Education Building is progressing and looks just lovely.
- There is a wonderful spirit of mission and ministry around our church.
So just as I, as your pastor, want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for making all of these great things happen, I also want to encourage you to say thank you as well. During your next prayer time, thank God for all the ways he is blessing our community of faith. And then smile, knowing that with our God there’s always more to come.
Again, thank you.